- Major roles of the employee is in accordance with the scheme of service The Public Service Commission is responsible for recruiting people to hold public office based on merit and qualifications.
- To terminate their employment
- Recommend to the Government the salaries and benefits of their employees.
- To recommend to the commission the approval of scheme of service of the institution
- To approve the promotion
- To ensure the public basic principle, value and code of conduct are observed
- To approve extended service up to two years and to recommend the chief secretary any extended service exceeding two years
Existence of transparency in job vacancies advertised and in the recruitment process so that citizens can be provided with honest employment.
To ensure that advertised jobs are offered without any bias to the citizens.
iii) Corruption free
Ensuring that civil service commission staffs are free from corruption to enable citizens to get secure employment.
Existence of employment equity for all including men, women